NETCOM Policies (Updated August 2017)
- NETCOM Training will only provide group training sessions (Minimum Six)
- NETCOM Training will not proctor FOA exams without completing the full course
- NETCOM Training reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses
1. NETCOM Assessment Members are those that are currently employed under a collective agreement at Delta Cable, Shaw Communications (Port Coquitlam, White Rock, North Shore) or the Cable Contractors Standard. NETCOM Assessment Members do not have to pay for any NETCOM programs. Eligibility for programs will be based on the following criteria:
- Must be current in Union dues standing
- The Employer must be current in submitting NETCOM Training Assessments
- Selection for courses will be based on existing selection systems
- Books, Supplies, and materials are included
- New NETCOM Assessment Members will be eligible to attend NETCOM courses after three (3) months of NETCOM contributions
- Unemployed members will be eligible to attend NETCOM courses for three (3) months after which time they may exercise the option of paying their equivalent monthly assessment (160 hours) to maintain their eligibility to attend future courses.
2. IBEW Members are those that are current in IBEW Union dues standing and working for another Employer who is signatory to an IBEW Collective Agreement. IBEW Members are eligible for discounted rate for NETCOM programs if there is a spot available which covers books, supplies, materials and taxes.
3. Public Members are those that are neither a current IBEW member nor NETCOM Assessment Members and are eligible to register for any NETCOM programs at the public rate if there is a spot available which covers books, supplies, materials and taxes.