Upcoming Course Events
The table below lists our currently scheduled training events for Broadband Network Construction – Level 1 provided by Netcom Training.
You can show your interest in a new event for this course by submitting your email below.
Course Prices & Registration
- Netcom Assessment Member
- IBEW Member
- Public Member
GST added at checkout.
Registration for this course is currently closed.
Please check back soon!
Course Level: Introductory to Intermediate. Beginners to experienced network construction technicians will benefit from this course.
NETCOM offers the Broadband Network Construction Course (3 days). Course level is introductory to advanced. Technicians of all skill levels will benefit greatly by enrolling in this course.
In this three day course you will be introduced to the world of Broadband Hybrid-Fibre Coax (HFC) Network. This type of network is used all over the world by cable companies to provide service to customers. Students will learn the safety procedures, the structure of the CATV HFC network and how it works to bring signals into businesses and homes to provide services such as internet, television, phone and on demand streaming. Students will get hands on experience with components and cabling of the CATV Broadband HFC Network outside plant infrastructure. Upon successful completion of this course students can expect to be proficient with all mainline coax, distribution taps, passive line splitters and active amplifiers.
Course Outline / Competencies:
• HFC Construction installation safety
• HFC network theory and design
• Familiarize with mainline HFC tools as required
• Identify/core/connectorize mainline coax cable (412, 500, 540QR, 625, 715QR, 750, 860QR and 875)
• Construct plant components such as splitters and amplifiers
• Installation procedures for mainline cable (expansion & contraction)
• Power up a live plant and basic troubleshooting
• Identify components inside amplifiers and splitters
• Common installation mistakes and how to avoid them
Course Tuition Covers the Following:
• All handouts
• All lab supplies
• Wall mount certifiate from NETCOM
• All necessary hand tools and test equipment will be supplied by NETCOM